AHello. Excuse me.
哈啰,请问一下.
BYes. Can I help you?
请说,我能帮你吗?
ADo you remember me? I just had lunch here a half hour ago.
你记得我吗?刚刚一小时前我在这里吃午餐?
BOf course I remember you.
当然我记得你.
AI think I lost my wallet here.
我的皮夹掉在这里.
BOh, no. Really? I didn't see anything.
不会吧,真的吗?我没有看到.
AReally? You didn't find a wallet?
真的吗?你没发现到皮夹?
BNo, I didn't. Would you like to go look by the table with me?
没有。你要跟我到桌子那边看看吗?
AYes, I would. It's not here. And it's not on the floor.Has anyone sat at this table since we left?
好的。不在这里,也不在地上。我们走后这一桌有人坐吗?
BNo. It's been empty the whole time.
没有,一直是空着的.
A Hmm. I don't know how it could have happened.
我不知道怎么会这样.
B I remember, sir, that your friend took the bill.You didn't pay for the lunch yourself, did you?
先生,我记得是你朋友付帐的。你没有付自己的午餐钱,不是吗?
A No. My friend did.
是的,是我朋友付的
B Then are you sure you took your wallet out of your pocket while you were here?
那么你确定在这里你曾从口袋拿出皮夹来吗?
A No, I'm not sure. But I usually take out my wallet when I sit down.It's uncomfortable to sit on it. So I usually put it next to me on the table.
我不确定。但是通常我坐下来时,会把皮夹拿出来。坐在上面很不舒服,所以通常我把它放在桌子上的旁边。
B Maybe you lost it before you came here. Or maybe you left it at home.
可能你来这里之前就掉了,或是你遗忘在家里。
A I don't think it's at home. I think I had it when I left the house.But what should I do?
我想不会在家里,我记得出门时带着。我该怎么办呢?
B Well, the first thing you should do is make sure it's not at home.Then, if it isn't, you need to call your credit card companies and cancel your cards. Next, you need to replace whatever you lost , your driver's license, things like that.
首先你要确定不是放在家里。如果不是,你要打电话到信用卡公司取消信用卡。接下来你要重办遗失的证件,像是驾照之类的东西。
A Should I call the police?
要报警吗?
B You can if you want. But the police usually don't do anything about lost wallets.
如果你要的话可以。但是警察通常不处理皮夹遗失的案件。
A Hmm. I'll go home and check. Maybe you're right. Maybe it's at home.
我会回家找找看。也许你是对的,也许是放在家里。
B I'm sorry we couldn't find it, sir.
很抱歉,我们没有找到,先生.
A Thanks for your help.
谢谢你的帮忙.