Iris:Why are you so upset today, Maria? Cheer up!
玛利亚,今天你的情绪为什么这么低落?振作点!
M:Oh, Iris, it’s about the job with the PR company.
哎,艾瑞斯,是因为那个公共公司的实习机会.
I:It’s a great opportunity. You should be happy with the offer.
这可是个好机会,你应该高兴才对!
M:But my mother won’t allow me to accept any part-time job. I’m afraid she will say no again.
但是我妈妈老是不让我做兼职,我担心这次她还是不答应.
I:Why? It’s unfair. You can learn a lot from it.
为什么啊?你可以从实习中学到很多东西的.
M:She says a part-time job is a cursed blessing. It takes so much time and energy that I won’t be able to focus on my study.
她总是说兼职是双刃剑,要花很多时间和精力.我就不能专心学习了.
I:That may be true. But I’m sure you’re able to find a balance between them. Why not try it?
有道理.但是我相信你可以再兼职和学习间找到平衡的.为什么不试试呢?
M:I turned down quite a few offers before for her sake. But I’m a senior now, I don’t want to miss the chance this time.
我之前因为我妈妈放弃了很多次机会.可是我现在上大四了,我不想再错过这次机会了.
I:I agree with you but I think you really need to talk to your mother and tell her what's on your mind.
我支持你!我觉得你应该和你妈妈好好谈谈,告诉她你的想法.
M:I’ll try, but what if she insists?
我想试试,要是她坚持不答应怎么办?
I:Just let her know that the experience will be both amazing and rewarding. And more importantly, you can manage both your study and the job.
告诉她这次兼职将对你很有帮助,更重要的是,要让她知道你能处理好学习和工作之间的关系.
M:Do you think it will work?
你觉得会有用吗?
I:Sure. Every cloud has its silver lining. Just try.
当然啦!黑暗中总有一线光明的嘛.试试看.
M:Ok, I’ll do that. Thank you, Iris.
好吧,我试试看!谢谢你,艾瑞斯.
I:Sure. Good luck, Maria!
不客气,玛利亚,祝你好运!