A:Excuse me, what's the screen near your steering wheel for?
不好意思,请问一下,你方向盘旁边的那个屏幕是干什么的啊?
B:It's a portable TV. It's a popular thing now.
这是个移动电视,现在非常流行。
A:Oh, that's new to me. So what's on everyday?
对我来说这真是个新鲜事物。那每天这上面都在播放什么节目呢?
B:News about current affairs, documentaries, music, movies, noncommercial ads and so on.
实事新闻、纪录片、音乐、电影和公益广告等等。
A:Is there anything interesting?
有有趣的节目吗?
B:Yes, there are something good and informative. I think that many people underestimate the value of TV in education.
有啊,这上面有些东西非常好,而且信息量也非常大。我认为很多人都低估了电视在教育方面的价值。
A:I agree. Are there any commercials on the TV?
我同意。那这种电视上有商业广告吗?
B:Of course. Because the TV stations need to make money from commercials between the programs .
当然有啊。因为电视台需要从节目中间插播的广告赚取利润。
A:That makes a lot of sense. Does the TV work well?
似乎是这样。那这个电视运作得正常吗?
B:Not always. It depends on the transmission of the satellite signals.
不是一直都好。这取决于卫星信号传输的好坏。
A:I got it. Do you pay for the programs?
我懂了。那你需要付费吗?
B:Yes, 50 Yuan per month.
要付费的。一个月50块钱。
注释:
steering wheel 方向盘
portable adj. 轻便的
current adj. 目前的
informative adj. 提供丰富资料的
commercial n. 商业广告
transmission n. 传输
satellite n. 卫星
fatigue n. 疲倦,疲劳
entertain vt. 娱乐