A:Daniel, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at school now?
丹尼尔,你在这里做什么,你不是应该在上课吗?
B:The same question to you.
我也想问你同样的问题。
A:Well, we shall make it a secret between us.
好吧,我们就把它当成我们两个之间的秘密吧。
B:Deal, Where is Gucci?
行,古奇在哪里?
A:She is the cheer-leader. They are required to put on a performance. Look! Here they come.
她是拉拉队队长。她们等下要表演。看,她们来了。
B:Oh, look at her. She looks like one is the basketball babies in NBA.
哦,你看她,她看起来就像是NBA里的篮球宝贝。
A:I want to be like her.
我想像她一样。
B:Get real. Don't be so pathetic.
现实点吧。别那么可悲。
A:Hey, young man! I'm your sis. Don't talk to me like that.
嗨,年轻人,我是你姐姐哎,别这么和我说话。
B:Oh, man, look at her, go! She is amazing! She should be my sis.
哦,看她,那里。她真棒!她要是我姐姐就好了。
A:Boy, you've got such a crush on her, haven't you?
小家伙,你已经迷上她了,是吗?
B:Yes, I want to be her boyfriend. Just like in the movie.
是啊,我要做她的男朋友,就像电影里一样。
A:Are you out of your mind?
你疯了吗?
B:She told me she liked my new haircut. She thought it was cool.
她说她喜欢我的新发型,她觉得我很酷。
A:Go ahead, have a try and be a joke.
那尽管去吧,试试看,成为一个笑话。
注释:
suppose vt. 应该
secret n. 秘密
cheer-leader n. 拉拉队长
basketball baby 篮球宝贝
pathetic adj. 可悲的
amazing adj. 令人惊异的
crush n. 迷恋
joke n. 笑话
basketball babies
美国的NBA(美国职业篮球联赛)比赛中,会在中场休息的时候有拉拉队的表演,表演非常出色,受到很多人的喜欢,被大家称为basketball babies(篮球宝贝)。
2025国考·省考课程试听报名