A:hi, how are you doing?嗨,过得好吗?
B:everything's great. And you?挺好的,你呢?
A:same here. Have you seen any new films recently?还老样子。最近看什么新电影了吗?
B:no, I haven't had a chance to. But I've been watching a Chinese TV series called Chinese-Style Divorce.没有,没机会去啊。但是我在看一部中国电视连续剧,叫《中国式离婚》。
A:oh, really? I saw it two years ago. It's worth seeing and it's thought-provoking.哦,是吗?我两年前就看过了。值得一看,很启发人。
B:yeah. I found it is so close to our life.的确,我觉得很贴近生活。
A:it reflects some of our difficulties in this ever-changing world.反映了我们这个变化莫测的社会中的很多现实的问题。
B:you said it. You know, the divorce rate has been on the rise in recent years.的确。近年来,离婚率不断增长。
A:well, it's said that a lot of young people favor getting married quickly which tend end quickly too.是啊,现在的年轻人流行闪婚,然后很快婚姻就破裂了。
B:I know a couple who divorced a week after getting married.我认识一对夫妻,他们结婚后一周就离婚了。
A:oh, that's too short-lived.那简直是太昙花一现了。
B:that's true. It's said the short-lived marriage is typical of the post-80s generation.是啊,据说,短暂的婚姻在80后一代很典型。
A:I can't agree more. The only-child generation in China tends to know little about marriage.完全同意。中国的独生子女一代,不太明白婚姻的含义。
B:definitely. They don't take relationships and marriages very seriously.的确,他们对待恋爱和婚姻都不那么认真。
A:in their mind, love is nothing but passion and marriage is over once the passion is gone.在他们看来,爱情就是激情,激情没了,婚姻也就结束了。
B:I think, as the saying goes as the saying goes haste makes waste, it is the same thing with marriage.我认为,“欲速则不达”,婚姻也是如此。