A:I need your help, Bob.
鲍勃,我需要你的帮助。
B:What's the matter?
出了什么事?
A:I'm really confused by these annoying abbreviations.
这些讨厌的缩写让我很烦。
B:Just relax. That's because you're new to chat. Let me take a look.
放松点。那是因为你是个聊天新手。让我瞧瞧。
A:A/S/L, IGP,H&K,and ZZZZ. What the hell do they mean?
A/S/L, IGP, H&K,和ZZZZ。它们究竟是什么意思?
B:ZZZ means'sleepy or tired or bored',A/S/L is tricky,which is often used at first encounter. It's a three-word question,'age,/sex/location?'
ZZZZ是“困了,累了,烦了”的意思。AlS/L的意思比较微妙,经常在初次见面时使用,它是由三个单词组成的问题“年龄,性别和地点?”
A:Interesting. Then what does H&K refer to? The city of Hong Kong?
有趣。那H&K指什么?是香港吗?
B:Wrong. lt's not a place name,but a passionate act.
错。它不是指地名,而是一种亲密的行为。
A:Really? What kind? A girl left this word to me,and I thought she was in Hong Kong.
真的?什么样的?一个女孩留给我的这个词,我还以为她在香港呢?
B:Hahaha...you miss her point for sure. H&K actually is an acronym for 'hug and kiss'.
哈哈哈,那你一定误解她的意思了。H&K实际是“拥抱和接吻”的缩写。
A:Hug and kiss?! How is it possible? Oh,it's really bad to misun- derstand her meaning.
拥抱和接吻,怎么可能?唉,误解了她的意思真可惜。
B:Yeah,seems that you have a lot to learn and memorize.
可不是。看来你有很多东西要学习和记忆。