A:Hi, Kim. I can’t believe that the summer is almost over.
嗨,金姆。我真不能相信这个夏天就要过去了。
B:I know. Time flies!
是啊。光阴似箭。
A:Friday is a holiday. Let’s take advantage of the long weekend. Do you want to go to New York? We could leave Thursday night and spend the whole weekend in the city.
星期五放假。让我们好好利用一下这个长周末。想不想去纽约?我们可以星期四晚上走,整个周末都呆在那里。
B:Okay. But I’d rather go on Friday. I have to get my car fixed on Thursday.
好啊,不过我想星期五走,我星期四要把车修好。
A:All right. We can take turns driving.
好吧,我们可以轮流开车。
B:Fine. We won’t get so tired that way.
不错,这样我们就不会太累。
A:I’m looking forward to seeing New York. I’ve never been there, but I have always wanted to go.
我真盼望看到纽约啊。我从来没去过,但一直就想去。
B:I haven’t either. Let’s make the most of our weekend.
我也是。让我们尽情享受周末吧。
A:We can go sightseeing during the day. In the evening we can go to a play. Do you think we can get tickets?
我们白天可以去观光。晚上就去看表演。你说我们会买到票吗?
B:I don’t think we stand a chance. It’s hard to get tickets on weekends. Anyway, we can try.
我想我们买不到。周末买票太难了。不管怎样,还是试一下吧。
A:It doesn’t matter. There are hundreds of things to do in New York, especially during a holiday.
不要紧。纽约有那么多事可做呢,尤其是在周末。
B:You’re right! Whatever we do, we are sure to have a good time.
对!不管我们做什么,都会玩得很尽兴的。
A:Great! I can’t wait until Friday!
太好了!我盼着快到星期五!