A:Hey, May, look, Is that the the poster of the movie we saw yesterday?
嗨,阿美,你看,那是我们昨天看的那个电影的海报吗?
B:Yes, that's right. That's the poster of the The Witch.
是的,那是女巫的海报。
A:May, I really regret watching it with you last night.
阿美,我真后悔昨晚跟你一起看女巫。
B:Did it scare you?
它吓到你了吗?
A:Of course not. I just thought the movie was…boring.
当然不是啦。我只觉得那电影……很无聊。
B:Boring? Come on, you clutched to my arm all the time.
无聊?得了吧,你一直抓着我的胳膊呢。
A:Well, I admit. The ghosts were scary.
好吧,我承认。那些鬼很吓人。
B:I like scary movies.
我喜欢恐怖电影。
A:That's Gucci's influence. I love science fiction movies!
那都是受了古奇的影响。我喜欢看科幻电影!
B:Of course you do. They are silly stories just for little kids like you.
你当然喜欢啦。它们都是些适合像你这样的小孩的幼稚电影。
A:Don't call me kid. I am a grownup.
别叫我小孩。我是大人了。
B:Do you dare watch scary movies with me tonight?
那你今晚敢跟我看恐怖电影吗?
A:Of course! I can watch them without you!
当然啦!我敢一个人看。
B:Oh, really?
哦,是吗?
注释:
poster n. 海报
witch n. 巫婆
clutch vi. 紧抓着
ghost n. 鬼
scary adj. 恐怖的
influence n. 影响
science fiction 科幻
tonight n. 今晚