A Would you like a bag? 你要袋子吗?
B That's OK. I'll just throw them in my backpack. Say, do you have any advice on where I can get some Chinese ginseng? 没关系。我把它们丢进我的背包就行了。呃,你知道我得上哪儿买中国人参吗?
A Ginseng? You can get that at any Chinese herb store. I know a good one right near here--I can show you if you want. 人参?中药房都有得买。我知道附近有间店不错……要的话我可以带你过去。
B If it's close to here and you don't mind, sure, that would be great! 若是离这儿不远,而你又不麻烦的话,好啊,那太棒了!
A Come with me! 跟我来!
B Oh, hi! I'm Uranda! My aunt said you wanted some ginseng. Which kind do you want? 噢,嗨!我是优兰达!我阿姨说你要些人参。你要哪一种?
A Uh, what's the difference? 呃,有什么不同?
B Korean ginseng is red--it's more warming. The Western ginseng is white and more cooling. Since it's still kind of cold, I suggest you get the red kind! 高丽参是红参--比较温润。西洋参是白参,比较凉。因为天气还有点冷,我建议你买红参!
A Well, OK. How much for a pound? 那好吧。一磅多少钱?
B We don't sell by the pound here in Taiwan. We sell by the jin. One jin is about one and a third pounds. 我们在台湾买卖不用磅来算。我们是论斤卖的。一斤约等于一又三分之一磅。