A:Okay, can I ask you something direct?
我能问你些事儿吗?
B:Ha! It's not like you've ever been one to beat around the bush.
哈!这可不像你,你说话从来都不拐弯抹角的。
A:Fair enough. Give it to me straight. Did she bully you into this?
说得对。跟我说实话不。她威胁你这么做吗?
B:No, seriously . . . I really want this.
不是的。我真的想这样。
A:I tell ya, when I got the invite, it really threw me for a loop. You've done a complete 180.
告诉你,当我拿到请帖的时候我很惊讶。你的态度转了180度。
B:I know. But things have changed. I guess I've settled down.
我知道,但是事情变了,我想就这么定了。
A:I guess so.
我想是吧。
注释:
1.beat around the bush拐弯抹角,说话绕圈子
2.fair enough:有道理,说得对
3.give it to someone straight:直截了当告诉
4.bully someone into something:威胁某人干某事
5.do a 180:有180度的大转变