足球游戏_中国足彩网¥体育资讯$

发牢骚
来源:易贤网 阅读:723 次 日期:2015-03-12 17:15:41
温馨提示:易贤网小编为您整理了“发牢骚”,方便广大网友查阅!

口语对话:

A:I don't understand why some parents keep beefing and complaining about their daughters not being able to follow suit.

我真搞不懂为什么有些父母总是不停地发牢骚,抱怨他们的女儿们不学他们的榜样。

B:Yeah. Lo Na's mother has been building a fire under her since her neighbour's daughter got married with a Canadian. She's almost driving Li Na crazy.

是啊,自从李娜邻居的女儿嫁给了一个意大利人,她妈妈就不停地对她紧催快赶。她很快把李娜逼疯了。

A:If I were Li Na, I would ask her if she had done that.

如果我是李娜,我就问质问她妈妈是否曾经也是给她的母亲催促嫁给意大利人。

B:She a as meek as a lamb. She never goes against anyone or anything. She's as good as gold, you know?

她像羊羔一样温顺,从不反抗。你知道吗,她很乖。

地道表达:

beef发牢骚

讲解:美国早年开发西部时期,要将西部草原上长成的菜牛运到东部市场,这全靠牛仔们爬山涉水赶着牛群一直到铁路附近,然后把牛装上火车运走。牛爬山涉水往往劳累不堪,因而怒气冲天地吼叫起来。后来,该习语比喻为“发牢骚”。

支持范例:

Eg. The man who likes to beef often has little to beef.

喜欢发牢骚的人往往并没有什么值得抱怨的事。

Eg.He wouldn't listen to my beef against his subordinates.

他不愿听我对他下属所发的牢骚。

Eg.I have my beef about that.

我对那件事很不满。

Eg.What's your beef this time?

这次你的牢骚是什么?

词海拾贝:

1.complain about:抱怨,发牢骚

Eg.Stop moaning; you really have nothing to complain about.

不要再抱怨了,实际上你是没有什么事可抱怨的。

2.follow suit:学榜样,照摸样,如法炮制

Eg.He go to bed and she follow suit after a few minute

他上床睡觉,几分钟後她也跟著去睡了。

Eg.It would be beneath your dignity if you'd follow suit and do the same.

如果你也那样做,那可就有失身份了。

Eg.Todd's taking a long vacation. I suggest you follow suit.

托德正在休长假,我建议你也这么做。

Eg.Does everyone wear conservative suits? Then you'd best follow suit.

是每个人都穿保守的套装吗?那你最好也穿套装。

3.build a fire under sb:紧催某人,紧逼某人,迫使某人行动起来

Eg.You needn't build a fire under me.

你不用催促我。

Eg.We'd better build a fire under him.

我们最好催促他一下。

4.get married with:与......结婚

5.drive sb crazy:把某人逼疯

Eg. It is enough to drive me crazy.

这足够使我冒火。

Eg. Doing this mindless work all day is going to drive me crazy .

整天做这种不用心的工作,会使我发疯。

Eg. There are times when I truly believe your questions will drive me crazy.

有时候, 我真的认为你的问题会使我精神错乱。

6.as meek as a lamb:非常温顺

Eg.It was thought he might have resisted arrest, but in the event he accompanied the officers to the Police Station, as meek as a lamb.

原来人们认为他会拒捕的,但结果他像小羊一样,老老实实地随着警察到了警察局。

Eg.If he'd thought I would sit there meek as a lamb while he abused my family, he must have got a real surprise.

如果他事先以为在他骂我家时我会顺服地坐在那儿,他一定会感到震惊。

7.go against:反对,违背

Eg.That'll go against law

那要犯法的。

Eg.That's to say, no people's deputy can go against the people's will.

这就是说,人民代表不能违反人民的意志。

Eg.Be a sort of throwback to the victorian age, she will not go against her old dad's wish.

她有点像维多利亚时代的女性,不肯违背自己老父的意愿。

Eg.Doesn't that go against principles of education?

这种做法是不是有违教育原理?

8.as good as gold:很乖(好到极点,规规矩矩)

Eg.His little daughter is as good as gold. She's never been as rebellious as other children.

他的小女儿很乖,从不像别的孩子那样不听话。

Eg.When he first started teaching in that school, the boys were a bit troublesome, but now they're as good as gold. They never give him any trouble at all.

他刚开始在那所学校教书时,男孩子们有点调皮捣蛋,可是现在他们规规矩矩,不再给他添麻烦了。

Eg.The children were as good as gold while you were out.

你不在时孩子都乖极了.

Eg.Kids, be good as gold when Daddy is away from home.

孩子们,爸爸不在家时你们要乖乖的。

中国足彩网信息请查看生活口语

中国足彩网信息请查看生活口语
上一篇:喉结/咽喉
下一篇:停顿
易贤网手机网站地址:发牢骚
由于各方面情况的不断调整与变化,易贤网提供的所有考试信息和咨询回复仅供参考,敬请考生以权威部门公布的正式信息和咨询为准!
关于我们 | 联系我们 | 人才招聘 | 网站声明 | 网站帮助 | 非正式的简要咨询 | 简要咨询须知 | 加入群交流 | 手机站点 | 投诉建议
工业和信息化部备案号:滇ICP备2023014141号-1 足球游戏_中国足彩网¥体育资讯$ 滇公网安备53010202001879号 人力资源服务许可证:(云)人服证字(2023)第0102001523号
云南网警备案专用图标
联系电话:0871-65317125(9:00—18:00) 获取招聘考试信息及咨询关注公众号:hfpxwx
咨询QQ:526150442(9:00—18:00)版权所有:易贤网
云南网警报警专用图标